Student Expectations Manual
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING UPDATED HYBRID LEARNING SCHEDULE FOR THE COMMUNITY MIDDLE SCHOOL.
Doors open at 8:00am (See arrival information below related to COVID 19)
HR 8:00 - 8:20
Period 1 -- 8:20 - 9:00
Period 2 -- 9:01 - 9:41
Period 3/4 -- 9:42 - 10:22
Period 5 -- 10:23 - 11:03
Period 6 -- 11:04 - 11:44
Period 7 -- 11:45 - 12:25
Dismissal is at 12:25
Virtual Remediation 1:20 - 2:40
- Parents of students who will be attending school in-person, must fill out the COVID 19 questionnaire EACH MORNING BEFORE LEAVING HOME. If the COVID 19 form is not completed each day before school, students will be escorted to a waiting area and parents will be called. Students will be sent home for the day. The form will be located in the Genesis Parent Portal under the heading “Forms.”
- Also located in the forms tab is a document entitled CMS Permission Slips 2020-2021. All parents (both virtual and in-person) must fill out this form before the first day of school
- Doors at the Community Middle School will open at 8:00am.
- Students in grade 7 will enter school through the back of the building. Students will access the back of the building using the driveway between the middle school and the church. The parking lot entrance on John Street will be closed to students and foot traffic.
- Students in grade 8 will line up in front of the school and will use the entrance near the CMS sign in front of the building.
- Students are asked to maintain six foot social distancing throughout the school day, including arrival and dismissal. Signage will be posted throughout the building indicating directional traffic flow and reminders which reinforce health & safety and social distancing
- A scanner will be placed at each entrance that measures temperature and verifies that each individual is wearing a mask. Masks are required to be worn throughout the day and must completely cover the nose and mouth. Students who fail to follow this rule will be removed from the the school building and enrolled into virtual learning for the remaining time the hybrid learning schedule is in place
- Students with an elevated temperature will be directed to the nurse’s office, who will subsequently follow all updated guidelines for school safety and response.